Darlington County School District
Office of Communications
120 E. Smith Avenue
Darlington, SC 29532
Phone: (843) 398-2284
Fax (843) 398-5254
Good educational public relations provide a better
understanding of the role, objectives, accomplishments, and needs of
the Darlington County School District.
The Office of Communications will foster coordinated and consistent communications, both internally and externally, that will support the mission, goals and beliefs of our district.
To that end, the Office of Communications operates under the following objectives:
- Actively promote objectives and activities of the Darlington County School District.
- Protect and grow positive, proactive media relationships with internal stakeholders.
- Provide coordinated, accurate and regular contact with the parent/guardians and external stakeholders about the state and activities of the district and schools.
- Establish and maintain proactive media relations programs with local media, as well as internal and external audiences.
- Utilize new medias to expand communication opportunities with all audiences.
The Office of Communications is led by Audrey Childers, Public Information Officer. Mrs.
Childers acts as the Spokesperson for the Darlington County School
District. Mrs. Childers reports directly to the Superintendent. She is available to represent the district at official functions.
to media: All media contacts with Darlington County School District
schools are to be made through the Office of Communications Services.
District policy requires parental authorization to photograph or
interview any students.