The Darlington County School District only distributes flyers through Peachjar Flyer Management System. No paper fliers will be distributed directly to the students.
The Darlington County School District cooperates with community groups and organizations that sponsor activities of an educational/enrichment nature for students and staff by distributing materials electronically via Peachjar, a free online service for schools. As part of our effortsto be more environmentally friendly, embrace innovative technology and maintain fiscal responsibility, we are moving from paper to digital flyer delivery. Electronic flyers will be emailed directly to parents' inboxes as well as posted online for easy access. Paper flyers from outside organizations will no longer be distributed.
Check Out How Our Schools Use PeachJar
Brockington Elementary Magnet School
Brunson-Dargan Elementary School
Cain Elementary School
Carolina Elementary School
Darlington County Institute of Technology
Darlington County Intervention School
Darlington High School
Darlington Middle School
Hartsville High School
Hartsville Middle School
Lamar Elementary School
Lamar High School
Mayo High School for Math, Science & Technology
North Hartsville Elementary School
Pate Elementary School
Rosenwald Elementary/Middle School
Southside Early Childhood Center
Spaulding Elementary School
Spaulding Middle School
St. John's Elementary School
Thornwell School for the Arts
Washington St. Elementary School
West Hartsville Elementary School
If you would like to sign up to receive flyers from Peachjar, click here.
ORGANIZATIONS WISHING TO DISTRIBUTE FLYERS TO DCSD
Benefits to using Peachjar to distribute your flyer:
• The cost and burden of copying, sorting and delivering paper fliers to schools is eliminated!
• eFliers go directly to parents so they won't get lost in the bottom of a backpack.
• Fliers are full color and Peachjar offers many free flier templates.
• Fliers can include a "sign up now" button and/or can send people directly back to the organization's website.
• Organizations can send multiple pages at no extra cost.
• Parents can share eFliers on social media to encourage sign-ups
Once your flier is upload to Peachjar and approved...
• The flier is emailed directly to parents.
• Theflier is posted to a school’s Peachjar site, where parents and community members can view and share yourflier.
• Theflier will be posted on the school district's Facebook page and website.
• A paper copy of theflier will be available at the main offices of the schools for parents unable to access email.
Peachjar is free to our schools and parents because local enrichment and community organizations across the district, state, and nation pay a small service fee to distribute their school-approved eflyers and post them online.
Community organizations and enrichment providers are subject to Peachjar’s service fee when they post a flier to promote/announce an activity or event with a participation fee. This also happens when the flier describes an event that is held without charge for the purpose of enticing attendees to buy products or services or to participate in a fee-based program or activity. Peachjar charges outside organizations a fee for this service that is typically much less than the cost they paid in the past to copy and deliver fliers to schools.
• The materials should be non-commercial.
• Materials regarding for-profit (commercial) businesses are generally not permitted. Exceptions can be made for school partners who have an ongoing relationship with the school, or district-level partners. If approved, the fliers will have a minimal amount of advertising content.
• All fliers must have the following disclaimer in at least a 10-point font size, and displayed clearly at the bottom of the flier: “The Darlington County School District neither endorses nor sponsors the organization or activity represented in this material.”
• Images on the fliers must be appropriate for elementary age students.
We will not approve flyers that:
• Are lewd, obscene, libelous, or slanderous.
• Incite students to commit unlawful acts, violate school rules, or disrupt the orderly operation of the schools.
• Promote any particular political interest, candidate, party, or ballot measure, unless the candidates or advocates from all sides are provided the opportunity to present their views to the students during school hours or during events scheduled pursuant to the Civic Center Act.
• Promote any particular religion or religious belief.
• Discriminate against, attack or denigrate any group on account of gender, race, age, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, disability or other unlawful consideration.
• Promote the use or sale of materials or services that are illegal or inconsistent with school objectives, including, but not limited to, materials or advertisements for tobacco, intoxicants, and movies or products unsuitable for children.
The following information MUST appear on any flier distributed:
• The sponsoring organization’s full name, address and email or telephone number.
• The school district's disclaimer: “The Darlington County School District neither endorses nor sponsors the organization or activity represented in this material.”
Getting started with Peachjar only takes 4 simple steps:
1) Go to www.Peachjar.com
2) Register an "Enrichment" or "Community Organization" account on Peachjar.
3) Click "Post a Flyer" from the menu on the left side.
4) Select the schools you wish to post to and proceed to checkout.
To post a flier, click here:
Questions? Call the DCSD Office of Communications at (843)398-2284.