Print These Directions
ADD TEXT MESSAGES TO YOUR NOTIFICATION OPTIONS FROM DARLINGTON COUNTY SCHOOL DISTRICT!!
You can now opt in to receive SchoolConnects messages
from the Darlington County School District
- IMPORTANT: If you wish to receive text messages, the mobile phone number must be listed on your child’s record in PowerSchool. Then you may then opt in to receive text notifications.
- You may opt in to receive text messages by texting the word “join” to the number 56360 from the SMS-capable phone on which you wish to receive text messages. Message and data rates may apply.
- After texting the word “join” to 56360, you should receive a SchoolConnects confirmation message.
- Upon opting in, please create a contact on your phone with the name DCSD and the phone number 56360. You can also add the phone number 843-398-2319 to that same contact list.
- Text messages from SchoolConnects all come from the same short code of 56360. This will help you identify the text as a message from the school district.
- Voice messages from SchoolConnects all come from the same number, 843-398-2319. This will help you identify the call as coming from the school district.
- Unsubscribe from text messages at any time by texting the word “stop” to 56360.
- Subscribing allows you to receive general school announcements and reminders via text message. Absence notifications will be communicated by call only.
- Some very basic text messaging plans do not offer real SMS. In this instance, you will receive an error message telling you that you cannot subscribe.
- Timely delivery of SMS text messages cannot be guaranteed as delivery is subject to effective transmission from your mobile service provider.
- If you have any problem receiving text messages, please contact your child’s school to confirm that the mobile number is part of the student’s record in PowerSchool.